What seems to be the problem?
- 50 years of “War on Cancer”, treatment strategies need to improve
- Novel approaches are needed
- Cancer affects every multicellular organism on the planet
- Evolutionary approaches can be used for cancer treatment
How do we plan on solving it?
Aim: To develop a holistic approach to understand cancer from experimental through empirical research.
Objective: Assemble a panel of specialists using different approaches to understand the ecology and evolution of cancer.
Cancer ecology and evolution under controlled laboratory conditions
Cancer ecology and evolution in the wild
- Provide a comprehensive analysis of host-cancer evolutionary interactions
- Broader implications for:
- Cancer research and treatment
- Conservation management of endangered species
- Preservation of organism with high economic values